From Creation to Termination – Managing Contracts and Employment Frameworks
A contract of employment is the foundation of any employment relationship but all too often we see the adverse and often costly consequences of informal on-boarding processes, loosely managed promotions/changes in position and inadequate drafting of post-employment restraints.
Uncertainty in contractual arrangements ultimately expose an employer’s valuable confidential information and intellectual property and can create unnecessary angst both during employment and after the employment relationship comes to end. For example:
- what happens if an employee doesn’t sign their contract?
- how do you implement contracts after the employee has started work?
- do you need a parent to sign the contract of a junior employee?
- can you terminate a contract of employment before the employee commences work?
FCB Group invites you to attend our upcoming breakfast briefing series where we will answer each of the above questions (and more) and provide useful insights in managing the formation of employment relationships from issuing contracts, handling changes in position, duties and locations of work and mitigating risk when the employment relationship comes to an end.
You will leave the breakfast briefing with:
- our tips for the top 5 clauses to be included in every employment contract
- an understanding of the difference between permanent, fixed and maximum term contracts and the implications and risks associated with each type of contract
- increased confidence in applying and enforcing restraints and other post-employment obligations
|Tuesday 21st August||Thursday 23rd August||Wednesday 29th August|
|The Westin Sydney||RACV Club Melbourne||Novotel Brisbane|
|BUY TICKETS||BUY TICKETS||BUY TICKETS|