Hospitality & Leisure
Over the years, FCB Group has developed expertise in advising clients in the hospitality and leisure industry on their workplace relations.
As modern society has become increasingly occupied not just with work, but with what happens away from work, we have become much more focused on the activities we pursue in our free time. We eat out more and spend more time enjoying leisure activities. This is a global phenomenon that has led to considerable growth in the hospitality and leisure industry, not just in Australia but around the world.
As a result, hospitality and leisure have become key growth areas within the local economy.
How FCB Group helps businesses operating in the hospitality and leisure industry
Hospitality and leisure industry operators benefit from advice from workplace relations lawyers and consultants who have specialised knowledge of the specific challenges that the industry faces in the area of workforce management. The industry is built around adaptable, flexible workforces, with many businesses experiencing a high rate of staff turnover. As a result, compliance-based and employee performance issues arise on a regular basis, and can occasionally flare into major problems.
We understand that the industry is diverse, in terms of corporate culture and style of management, so it is important that advice is tailored to a business’s specific needs and requirements.
How our lawyers can assist hospitality or leisure businesses
The hospitality and leisure law team at FCB Workplace Law is knowledgeable about the nuances and evolving needs of the industry. They are used to dealing with the problems that arise from an industry that needs:
- Flexible and productivity-driven workforces
- Robust terms of engagement
- A strategic industrial and employee relations framework.
They share their industry experience and insights with our clients through legal updates, newsletters, industry-specific presentations, seminars and round-table workshops.
How our workplace relations consultants can assist hospitality or leisure businesses
Our workplace relations consultants will always take the time to understand a client’s business, and to become familiar with their culture, before developing employee management systems that prevent staff-related problems emerging and ensure the best outcomes when managing their people. Their workplace solutions will also help a business become not only more efficient, but also more competitive.
Our areas of expertise
Workplace relations issues we have managed for clients in the hospitality and leisure sector include:
- Representing clients in all types of employment-related litigation, including unfair dismissal, bullying, breach of contract and discrimination-related claims
- Advising on all types of statutory entitlements, remuneration and incentivised programs for staff
- Developing, negotiating and implementing enterprise bargaining agreements
- Devising bargaining strategies
- Preventing and resolving industrial and bargaining disputes in the Fair Work Commission
- Developing and implementing all employment law and workplace relations frameworks, including work health and safety systems, employment contracts, and the full suite of workplace policies and procedures
- Advising on commercially pragmatic and efficient strategies for performance management, employee misconduct and senior executive departures.
FCB Group assists sporting organisations
FCB Group has had a great deal of experience in advising on employment and contractual matters in relation to international and domestic sports. We advise and represent professional athletes competing in some of the world’s largest sporting arenas, as well as sporting organisations. Members of our team have gained invaluable experience through undertaking secondments at sporting organisations and being appointed lead negotiators in club commercial arrangements.
We have experience in advising and acting for a diverse group of clients, including some of Australia’s largest hospitality and leisure facilities:
- International and local hotel chains
- Sporting organisations
- Peak industry bodies
- Gaming establishments.
Would you like to find out more?
If you would like to find out more about how we can help with workplace relations issues for businesses operating in the hospitality and leisure industry, please call us on (02) 9922 5188 or email Rod Marshall, head of the hospitality and leisure industry team, at firstname.lastname@example.org.