Infrastructure & Construction
FCB Group has advised companies operating in the construction and infrastructure industry for over 20 years.
We have extensive experience in advising medium and large companies operating in the building, infrastructure, services and facilities management (FM) industries on workplace relations strategies and employment law issues.
How FCB Group helps businesses in the infrastructure and construction industry
How our lawyers can assist infrastructure or construction businesses
FCB Workplace Law’s construction and infrastructure lawyers are experts in the laws and rules that regulate issues throughout the employment lifecycle, from pre-mobilisation to turnkey and leaving the site.
Our team provides legal advice on all employment issues, with a particular focus on managing disputes, enterprise bargaining and industrial action. Whether it is responding to a strike or mediating in industrial disputes, they are highly skilled in identifying and resolving threatened and actual industrial action.
How our workplace relations consultants can assist infrastructure or construction businesses
Our workplace relations consultants have experience of working throughout the lifecycle of construction or infrastructure projects. They manage the full spectrum of employment arrangements, from project enterprise agreements to project contracts. They are also able to develop workplace relations management plans that streamline human resources processes and procedures, and make businesses more efficient.
Our areas of expertise
We are experienced in advising clients operating in the following areas:
- Civil infrastructure engineering
- Power and water utility construction
- Telecommunications infrastructure
- Operation and maintenance contracts
- Major FM contracts and projects.
We can help to smooth the implementation of a company restructure or assist with a change in management projects. Our focus is always on avoiding costly and unproductive industrial disputes, and minimising disruption to the workplace. This may involve:
Creating workplace relations management plans
- Drafting agreements
- Managing dispute resolution processes
- Managing union, agency and other third party relations
- Advising on freedom of association, as well as the rights of union and non-union members
- Managing activities to prevent, stop or minimise industrial action
- Providing strategic advice and representation in relation to shutting down industrial disputes at client sites
- Advising on common law actions to clear pickets and protestors
- Developing complete industrial relations mitigation plans
- Representing clients in courts and tribunals on any workplace relations, employment, or work health and safety proceeding.
Would you like to find out more?
If you would like to find out more about how we can help with workplace relations issues in the infrastructure or construction industry, please call us on (02) 9922 5188 or email Benjamin Gee, head of the infrastructure and construction industry team, at email@example.com.