Sports & Fitness
FCB Group has extensive experience advising clients operating within Australia’s sports and fitness industries.
FCB Group has been advising national and state sporting bodies, player associations and professional athletes for more than 20 years. In addition, FCB Group continues to enjoy a longstanding partnership with Fitness Australia and a number of key franchise businesses and individual operators, delivering innovative and practical workplace management and compliance solutions across the fitness industry.
Our unique partnership with the Australian sporting industry
The widespread popularity of sport, combined with strong demand for professional athlete talent and surging broadcast revenues, continues to see the industry grow from strength to strength.
As Australia’s leading workplace relations provider, FCB Group continues to advise national and state sporting bodies, player associations and professional athletes across all codes and disciplines on issues such as:
- Industrial relations strategy and complex collective bargaining negotiations
- Sports governance, including polices relating to social media, illicit drugs, anti-doping and integrity;
- Player contracts and entitlements;
- Exploitation of commercial rights and third party commercial arrangements;
- Disciplinary and anti-doping proceedings; and
- Dispute resolution (including mediation and expert determination).
Delivering workplace management solutions to the fitness industry
FCB Group continues to enjoy a longstanding partnership with Fitness Australia, the peak health and fitness industry association, delivering workplace relations support and solutions to over 25,000 registered personal trainers, registered fitness Instructors, and fitness businesses across Australia.
In the wake of scandals such as 7-Eleven involving systemic abuse and underpayments, and the enactment of the protecting vulnerable workers legislation specially designed to address these issues, FCB Group continues to work with a number of key franchise businesses and individual operators to deliver innovative and practical employment relations and compliance solutions across the fitness industry.
With offices across Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, our team of accredited workplace relations specialists, lawyers and consultants are experts at delivering solutions tailored to suit your commercial needs and objectives.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Compliance risks and underpayments;
- Employment contracts and breaches;
- Independent contractors;
- Harassment, bullying and discrimination;
- Unfair dismissal and adverse action claims;
- Managing ill or injured workers;
- Restructures and redundancies;
- Workplace health and safety; and
- Workers compensation.
Would you like to find out more?
If you would like to find out more about how we can help with workplace relations issues in the sport and fitness industries, please call us on (02) 9922 5188 or email Rod Marshall, head of the Sports & Fitness Industry team, at firstname.lastname@example.org.