Tom Dixon has worked for the FCB Group for over 6 years and has been with FCB Workplace law for 4 years, focusing his application of employment law and industrial relations across a range of industries, particularly in education and professional sports. Tom has specific expertise in a broad range of matters including:
- industrial bargaining and disputes;
- employment contracts and employment policies;
- compliance audit and advisory;
- advice on entitlements and modern award/EA interpretation;
- counselling, disciplinary action and dismissals;
- restructure, redundancy and transfer of business;
- employee related litigation (unfair dismissal/general protections/discrimination/etc.);
- restraints of trade and post-employment obligations;
- WHS/OHS and workers compensation; and
- workplace investigations.
Tom has developed a strong understanding of forensic audit methodologies to assist large employers with compliance audits on large scales, salary forecasting, and BOOT compliance over large pools of employees. This allows FCB to provide clients with a start to finish process on compliance matters that traditionally require additional third party providers.
His experience includes working with small, medium and large businesses across a diverse range of industries, personal advocacy, and assisting and advising professional athlete associations which include:
- Advising on development and strategy for national collective bargaining agreement in Rugby and Football;
- Developing professional player codes of conduct;
- Assisting athletes through contractual disputes with their employer, and disciplinary matters with their governing body; and
- Sitting on the Football Federation of Victoria Disciplinary Tribunal.
Tom also provides ongoing support and advice to a number of schools and tertiary institutions which includes:
- Advising on the national restructure of one of Australia’s oldest religious schools network, and one of Australia’s largest private higher education providers;
- Advising and acting for a dispute for one of Australia’s largest private higher education providers;
- Workplace investigations for catholic schools under the Victorian Reportable Conduct Scheme.
“My goal is to provide practical, effective and cost effective advice and strategy to my clients that adds genuine value to their business and helps them achieve their goals.”
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Arts (Criminology)