Infrastructure & Construction
Tom Brett has been with FCB Workplace Law (FCB) for over 7 years & is head of the FCB’s sport industry group. Tom is based in Sydney and advises and acts for corporate clients particularly in sport and building and construction.
He has assisted in many large, high value litigation and advisory matters for FCB’s building and construction clients. These matters were successfully prosecuted and involved various government and private sector stakeholders. This involved our clients overcoming high profile industrial action, which enabled them to avoid further stoppages and multimillion dollar losses.
Tom has provided critical advice on complex investigations in the building and construction arena and was deservedly recognized recently as Doyle’s named Tom as a 2017 Employment & WHS Rising Star.
At FCB Workplace Law, his specialist experience includes:
- Representing clients in litigation including unfair dismissal cases, general protections claims, discrimination claims and industrial disputes
- Termination of employment related processes – including disciplinary processes and redundancies
- Drafting and negotiating enterprise agreements
- Advising on post-employment restraint issues
- Drafting employment contracts and policies
Tom’s special interest in sport has led to him working on a wide variety of matters for clients operating in the space, including:
- advising on complex cross-border contractual disputes for professional athletes
- devising and deploying strategies for collective bargaining agreements
- developing appropriate image right assignment structures for professional athletes and their companies
- advising clients in relation to disciplinary/misconduct proceedings in various courts and tribunals
- developing and implementing policies and procedures unique to professional sports, including polices that relate to illicit drugs, doping policies and anti-wagering mechanisms
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Arts (Media/Journalism)
- Doyle’s Guide – 2017 Employment & WHS Rising Stars.