EEO & Discrimination
Print this page
Equal Employment Opportunity and Discrimination
A discrimination complaint can have a devastating effect on a business, reducing productivity, lowering morale and damaging the company reputation with customers, shareholders and employees.
FCB is highly experienced in helping organisations prevent workplace discrimination and resolving or defending complaints. Our legal professionals keep up to date with evolving case law in this area and will conduct regular appraisals to ensure your organisation complies with the latest regulations.
We can help develop, implement and manage policies, procedures and induction processes. If a workplace complaint is made such as discrimination, harassment, victimisation or bullying, we will guide you through your legal obligations, investigate and manage complaints and recommend corrective action.
Advice, investigation, representation and training
We offer a range of services to help prevent and resolve discrimination and harassment, including:
- Reviewing, drafting and implementing EEO policies and procedures
- Advice on relevant state, territory and Federal discrimination regulation frameworks
- Representation in anti-discrimination tribunals and other courts and tribunals
- Conducting investigations into employee complaints or incidents
- Providing detailed analysis of investigation findings and appropriate recommendations
- Managing bullying or harassment complaints, including counselling and disciplinary action
- Advice on undertaking medical and psychological assessments and pre-employment testing
- Advice on managing injured workers in relation to disability discrimination compliance
- Training in avoiding discrimination and harassment, and achieving effective workplace consultation