COVID-19 update 3 June 2021 – VIC lockdown extended another weekJune 3, 2021
The Victorian Government has announced that the circuit-breaker lockdown throughout Greater Melbourne will be extended for another seven days, until 11:59 pm on Thursday 10 June 2021. In regional Victoria, restrictions will begin to ease from 11:59 pm on Thursday 3 June 2021.
Restrictions in Greater Melbourne
Throughout Greater Melbourne, individuals must continue to stay at home, and can only leave home for the following permitted reasons:
- Shopping for food and essential supplies;
- Authorised work or study;
- Care and care-giving;
- Getting the COVID-19 vaccine.
However, several restrictions have been eased:
- Individuals will now be able to travel within a ten-kilometre distance from their home (previously five kilometres);
- Students in Years 11 and 12 will be permitted to return to face-to-face schooling;
- The list of authorised workplaces will be expanded to include outdoor jobs, such as landscaping and painting;
- Registration at venues via the Service Victoria QR code will now be mandatory throughout Victoria, including at supermarkets and other shops.
Masks remain mandatory and must be worn indoors and outdoors, except if at home, or if an exception applies.
Restrictions in Regional Victoria
From 11:59 pm on Thursday 3 June, the following restrictions will be eased in Regional Victoria:
- The five reasons to leave home will be removed and there will be no limit on the distance any person can travel from home.
- Residents from Regional Victoria will only be able to travel to Melbourne for a permitted reason and must follow Greater Melbourne restrictions while they are there.
- Outdoor gatherings can occur with a limit of ten people, not including infants.
- Food and hospitality will be open for seated service only, with a limit of fifty people per venue, subject to the four-square metre rule.
- Retail stores can open and personal services such as beauty and tattooing may resume for services where masks can remain on.
- Religious gatherings and ceremonies are permitted indoors or outdoors for 50 people, not including one faith leader.
- Weddings will be limited to ten people.
- Funerals will be limited to fifty people.
- Junior outdoor community sports will return and adults will be able to train outdoors.
- Outdoors pools, including swimming classes, may operate with a limit of fifty people, abiding by the four-square metre rule.
- Libraries and toy libraries may open, with a limit of fifty people, abiding by the four-square metre rule.
- Outdoor entertainment, seated and unseated, will have a limit of fifty people or fifty per cent of the venue’s seating capacity, whichever is lowest.
For detailed information about how the Victorian lockdown may affect your workplace, please refer to our earlier article here.