Partner and Executive Manager
Bianca is a partner and solicitor with FCB Workplace Law and was in charge of setting up FCB Group’s Brisbane office, which opened in September 2015. She is an accredited specialist in workplace relations law. She has been providing clients with industrial relations and employment law advice for over a decade, and has special expertise in advising clients operating in the retail sector.
‘Before I joined FCB, I worked for over a decade with the National Retail Association (NRA), where I gained experience in providing businesses in the retail, hospitality and fast food industries with workplace advice and solutions. From 2010, I led the NRA’s employment team and set up its legal practice. In 2012, I was appointed Deputy CEO of the NRA.’
At FCB Workplace Law, Bianca’s areas of expertise are:
- Negotiating and drafting enterprise agreements
- Advising on performance management issues and dismissal of employees
- Advising on restructures and redundancies
- Advising and representing clients facing unfair dismissal claims, discrimination, general protections and wages claims
- Advising and representing clients in matters relating to transfer of businesses
- Advising and representing clients in matters relating to workplace bullying complaints.
- Drafting employment contracts, policies and procedures.
‘I’ve worked with many of the largest retailers in the country and most of the household names in the fast food space. I always provide my clients with practical advice and solutions. I particularly enjoy working on projects where the workplace relations strategy positively affects the workplace culture. This is nowhere more evident than with enterprise agreements, where every step of the process – and not just the terms of the agreement itself – can be used either to facilitate change or to cement an already positive culture.’
Bianca also has experience in advising the community services sector, having worked with a number of Parents and Citizens’ Associations in the Queensland state school system, while also serving as company secretary for P&Cs Queensland.
‘I think FCB Group offers real value to clients, because it is a specialist workplace relations practice with some of the most experienced lawyers and advisors in the country. I think our clients really benefit from having access to lawyers and consultants that are commercially focused and have a mixture of legal, industry and in-house experience.’
- Bachelor of Laws (Queensland University of Technology)
- Bachelor of Journalism (Queensland University of Technology)
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (Queensland University of Technology)